Δευτέρα 5 Μαρτίου 2012

The Devil's Eyes


Science Fiction & Fantasy
Monday March 5, 2012
Welcome ArcaMax reader! Thank you for subscribing to this BookDaily update. As an ArcaMax subscriber, it’s quick and easy to set up a BookDaily.com account and make full use of the site. Just set up a user name and password and you’ll be all set. Click to get started.
The Devil's Eyes
by Jennifer Loren
Get Author Circle Updates. Join Now to receive promotions related to this title and author like special advance previews, sweepstakes, updates and more!

terms
Nicholas Jayzon has broken through the destitute chains of his past by stealing, swindling and charming his way to owning his city. In the city where most everyone owes him a favor, Nick’s power is growing. The police can’t touch him and his enemies are becoming powerless to take him down. He is intelligent, cunning and above all … alluring.
 
PROLOGUE
The last time I saw him, I didn’t breathe again until he had dressed himself completely. From the crack in my sister’s door, I saw him get out of her bed and inhale, as if he had accomplished his mission for the day. I had seen many of my sister’s boyfriends before, but none were ever like him. Athletes, academic-All Americans, and the prom king, attractive as they may have been none came close to comparing to him.
You could recognize him from any angle: lean tall stature, deep black hair, and a walk that had an air of authority - like no one could possibly have anything to say that was of any importance to him. Biting my mouth closed, I struggled to keep from blinking as I watched him, taking in his entire body with a long, single breath. I knew his body would be incredible, but the blackened tattoo blazing up his right side reminded me that despite his designer clothes, his background was all but respectable. It was his eyes, though. Ooh his eyes … Adjusting himself comfortably as he dresses, he only glances at my sister’s naked body draped across her bed, still gasping for more from him, until she faints from exhaustion. Without even a single word, without even a gentle kiss on the lips, or even a wave of goodbye, he walks out the door making eye contact with me for only a second. It was at that moment that he lured me in. I was captivated and, for the first time, I understood his power. Nicholas Jayzon commanded attention when he walked into a room. If you were damned enough to make eye contact with him, you would know what it meant to be lured in by The Devil’s Eyes.
Continues...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου